1. 12th Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition is open to piano trios (violin, cello and piano).
2. Applications will be accepted from ensembles provided the combined maximum age of the trio members as of 26th of September 2023 does not exceed 90 years. The age limit for each musician of the trio must be under 35 and over 16 years on 26th of September 2023.
TICC stands together with the Norwegian government and the United Nations, condemning Russia’s illegal and inhuman attacks on Ukraine. This year applications from musicians with Russian or Belarusian citizenship will not be accepted. This regulation is set to exclude Russia and Belarus as nations, rather than the individual applicant. We truly look forward to the day it is possible for us again to invite Russian and Belarusian musicians to participate in our competition.
3. Musicians may only enter the competition as a member of one ensemble.
4. Musicians are responsible for all travel expenses. The competition will offer lodging in 2-bed room, as well as breakfast and one hot meal a day.
5. The application must be sent no later than the day of the deadline; 20 April 2023.
6: The following documents must be attached the application:
a. A copy of birth certificate or similar official document confirming the date and place of birth of each candidate.
b. Curriculum vitae with particulars of training, awards and diplomas and recent concert appearances of the trio.
c. Two recent professional references.
d. Two recent digital high-resolution photographs of the trio.
e. Two recent audio recordings of high quality (WAV, AIFF,FLAC or M4a (Alac), minimum Bitrate 164kbps), of the trio. The recording should be recorded in one "take" and must not be edited or altered in any way. TICC reserves the right to disqualify applicants entering studio enhanced or modified tapes. Applicants are anonymous to the jury when considered for TICC.
Recording one: Choose one movement from the list below:
M. Ravel: Trio in A minor: Choose 3rd movement OR 4th movement
D. Shostakovich: Trio No. 2, E minor, Op. 67: Choose 3rd movement OR 4th movement
Recording two: Choose one 1st movement by Mozart or Beethoven from the First Stage repertoire. See repertoire list:
f. A letter from a teacher or professional musician certifying the authenticity of the recording.
7. There will be a non-refundable entry fee of EUR 120 per trio which should not be sent until the application has been accepted.
8. The competition is divided into three stages – two eliminating stages and a final stage. All stages will be open to the public.
9. Each trio will be required to prepare five works, as indicated in the repertoire list.
10. Depending on the number of ensembles, the duration of the first round might be cut to thirty minutes per ensemble. The jury will announce their selected program 24 hours in advance.
11. The order of playing will be decided by ballot. A new ballot will be held for each new stage of the competition.
12. Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition is entitled to broadcast the concerts, in any medium, in whole or in part, live or by recording, in sound and/or in images. No payment will be made to contestants for the recording or broadcasting of competition performances.
13. Rehearsal facilities, including the provision of music stands, will be available to all ensembles in Trondheim accepted to the Competition. TICC does not warrant, however, that such facilities will be adequate or meet the requirements of ensembles.
14. All pianos used in the competition will be tuned strictly to A=442 for the duration of the competition.
15. The competition reserves the right not to award 1st prize if the jury cannot find a candidate.
16. Winners of the 1st Prize and the Audience Prize must agree to perform a certain number of concerts in 2024, arranged for them by Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition and Trondheim Chamber Music Festival.
17. The official language of TICC is English.