The 11th Trondheim International Chamber Music Academy (TICC - Academy) is held 21st - 27th September 2020. Four string quartets will be invited to the academy, playing masterclasses and festival concerts at Trondheim Chamber Music Festival. Apply now - applying for TICC - Academy is free of charge.
RULES AND REPERTOIRE TICC Academy 2020
1. 11th Trondheim International Chamber Music Academy TICC - Academy 2020 is open to string quartets.
2. Applications will be accepted from musicians of all nationalities provided the combined maximum age of the quartet members as of 21st of September 2020 does not exceed 116 years. The age limit for each musician of the quartet must be under 34 and over 15 years on 21st of September 2020.
3. Musicians may only enter the Academy as a member of one quartet.
4. Musicians are responsible for all travel expenses. There are possibilities for applying for travel funding, which can be provided based on the need and the total travel costs of the groups.
5. The academy will offer lodging in 2-bed room, as well as breakfast and one hot meal a day.
6. The application portal online closes 30 April 2020. The following downloads is required:
a) A copy of birth certificate or similar official document confirming the date and place of birth of each candidate.
b) Curriculum vitae with particulars of training, awards and diplomas and recent concert appearances of the quartet.
c) Two recent professional references.
d) Two recent high-resolution photographs of the quartet
e) Two recent audio recordings of high quality in uncompressed audio formats, such as (WAV or AIFF), or in formats with lossless compression, such as FLAC or ALAC (.m4a), minimum Bitrate 256kbps, of the quartet containing two contrasting movements with a total duration of min. 12 minutes. This should be:
· one first movement of a Beethoven, Haydn or Mozart string quartet
· one movement from the romantic or 20th/21th century repertoire.
The recording should be recorded in one "take" and must not be edited or altered in any way. TICC - Academy reserves the right to disqualify applicants entering studio enhanced or modified tapes. Applicants are anonymous to the jury when considered for TICC - Academy.
f) A letter from a teacher or professional musician certifying the authenticity of the recording.
7. There will be a non-refundable entry fee of EUR 160 per quartet which should not be sent before the application has been accepted.